Northern Harvest Sea Farms seeks Compliance and Certification manager
Northern Harvest Sea Farms, one of the oldest aquaculture operations in the Americas, is looking for a Compliance and Certification manager to join its growing team.
Northern Harvest Sea Farms is part of the Marine Harvest group of companies and has marine operations in New Brunswick and Newfoundland; hatchery operations in Newfoundland; and brood stock farms in Prince Edward Island.
The successful candidate will work with Northern Harvest Sea Farms’ Environmental and Sustainability department to support all aspects of the organization in the delivery and participation in environmental certification standards and compliance efforts in both New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
Duties & Responsibilities include;
- Pre-certification project planning
- Internal readiness assessment/audit
- Gather information and prepare documentation for compliance with federal and provincial regulation in support of licensing and permitting
- Participate in federal provincial consultations on sustainability, compliance and regulation as required
- Review relevant science related to the salmon aquaculture industry and technology/techniques related to compliance and certification
- Support the development/modification and implementation of procedures/processes to meet certification standards and regulatory compliance requirements, where required
- Develop and lead projects related to sustainable aquaculture development
- Represent the certification programs to our customers as a support to our Sales staff
Experience & Qualifications
Five years’ experience in salmonid aquaculture and/or 3rd party certification and audit processes (working knowledge of GAA BAP and ASC Standards an asset) is preferred
- Experience in federal and provincial regulation and compliance as it relates to salmonid aquaculture is preferred
- Project management experience and well developed organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of all facets of salmon aquaculture (farming through processing)
- A University degree, Masters level preferred, in a related field (biology, marine biology or environmental studies)
- Strong understanding of opportunities and challenges in the salmonid aquaculture sector
- Very strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexibility for travelling to our operational sites in New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland.
Compensation will commensurate with education and experience. Please submit your resume with cover letter in confidence to:
Northern Harvest Sea Farms
Attn: Kristina White, HR Manager
204 Limekiln Road, L’Etang, NB E5C 2A8
Deadline to Apply: December 7, 2018